I believe that user-experience design is more than an artifact or deliverable of “customer thinking”. It is an inclusive process that promotes risk-taking and accountability. Understanding people, culture, and the human experience is necessary to designing and driving UX value within organizations. Additionally, creating a UX culture within a company is paramount in bridging the gap between technology and people.
With over 14 years of professional experience, I am skilled in designing software and products that significantly impact the user-experience needs of customers. I value critical-thinking, informed design rationale, and thoughtful questioning of digital experiences that surround us. My background includes multiple design disciplines and a Masters Degree in HCI – thus providing a practical and theoretical understanding of what it means to design strategic, human-centered solutions for today’s innovators.
I feel empowered to help the people I work with learn and grow – becoming more sensitive and aware of their capacity to contributing to the success of our products. As we become more fluent in understanding our customers and their needs, we are able to promote cultural and environmental change within our company – thereby furthering the value of UX.
Specialties: user-experience design, interface design, ideation, storyboards, participatory design, prototyping, visual design, usability testing, contextual inquiry, ethnographic observation, interviews, affinity diagrams, user research, persona/scenarios, cognitive ergonomics, new media theory
Education & Training
- Visual Business Intelligence Workshop – 2011
- Indiana University: Master of Science, Human Computer Interaction/Design – 2010
- Utah State University: Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design – 2002
- Lucid Software: Director of User Experience and Design, 2014-Present
- Remedy Informatics: UX Director, 2013-2014
- Adobe: User Experience Manager – Digital Marketing Analytics, 2010-2013
- Cook Medical: User-Interaction Designer, 2009-2010
- RemedyMD: Interface Designer, 2007-2008
- Vision International: Sr. Visual Designer, 2004-2007
- Lifetime Products: Visual Designer, 2001-2004